Bloggerette Sorority

Won't you join us?

Welcome

Welcome to my newest blog. What is a kimberline you ask? Well where I live in Portland, Dorset, it is a nickname given to newcomers to the Island. Yes Portland is an Island seperated from Weymouth by a causeway. Its part of the Jurassic coast and I love living here. I will be posting lots of different things I hope you enjoy visiting here. Hugs Sara

http://Saras-kitchen-creations.blogspot.com

the above link is my second blog home to some yummy receipies and info on cooking

Sunday 6 June 2010

Babs' the baby seagulls little drama!

So here is the drama that took up a lot of the weekend.  We have had some lovely weather.  I hope it continues.

Friday morning very early at 530am ish I heard a lot of seagulls.  Now living where we do we are used to the noisey seagulls waking us up, but I could sense that this was different.  I looked out the window and the sky was almost white for the seagulls circling around and around squawking their heads off.  Then I saw a fox running off.  A neighbour told me that he had caught a fully grown seagull and stored it under the bushes.  Well that to me means he must have cubs somewhere near by and he would be back.  Unfotunately I missed him coming back. Now this is the drama that unfolded the next day making me miss the fox coming back.

Early the next evening mum knocked on my door.  Fiance was out collecting another harley he had got cheap to use as a runaround for work.  Thats another story for another post.  Apparantly there had been a fight between a load of seagulls and the black back gulls that had young chicks (3) nesting on the flat roofs opposite.  Mum said that the drama ended with one of the chicks falling off and ending up on the floor unable to get back.  It had been quite a cuffufle.  Not being one to intererfere with wildlife I tried phoning round the rspca etc for help and advice.  Nothing, no one answered it being a weekend evening.  Remembering the fox drama and knowing how fast the cars drive around the corner I knew the little chick wouldnt stand a chance.

The result is.........



Saturday morning saw us making a few more phone calls and the very end result is that he has gone to a local lady who cares for injured and fallen birds.  Phew what an excitement.  But it was so adorable.  I would have liked to rear it my self but it was impossible to do so and kinder to give it to someone who knew what they were doing.

3 comments:

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

What a sweet little thing! I've lived around seagulls for a long time, yet I've never seen a baby one! Tell that silly fox there are plenty of other things to chase and eat (we have our share of foxes and coyotes here, too). ;)

jen said...

Aw that is precious! It is so hard to give them up when you rescue them :)
luvs and glitter
~jen

A - Zinnia Productions said...

I love happy endings!