Bloggerette Sorority

Won't you join us?

Welcome

Welcome to my newest blog. What is a kimberline you ask? Well where I live in Portland, Dorset, it is a nickname given to newcomers to the Island. Yes Portland is an Island seperated from Weymouth by a causeway. Its part of the Jurassic coast and I love living here. I will be posting lots of different things I hope you enjoy visiting here. Hugs Sara

http://Saras-kitchen-creations.blogspot.com

the above link is my second blog home to some yummy receipies and info on cooking

Friday 5 November 2010

#4 and #5 truths

                                        Blue tit made with real pressed flowers from the garden

Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
I have to forgive my school friends and school teachers for bullying me (mentally not phsyically) because I was different.  I was always slow at sports and I used to dread games because I knew I would never get picked and the teachers would demand things of me I simply could not deliever.  One sports teacher in particular didnt believe I had a heart condition.  I guess because my illness wasnt one you could see like only having one arm.  In some ways I think that would almost have been easier.  I used to dread school but I never talked about it to my mum or dad.  Mum would ask but i'd shrug and dismiss it. 
So I guess I need to forgive these people, I can do that, forgetting on the over hand, not so easy.
Chaffinch made with real pressed flowers from the garden

 Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life
I have always dreamed of being a successful artist.  I would love a little shop, just a small one, which would be a cafe come art shop where I would sell my creations.  I realise I have a long way to go to get there, my art is getting there.  I need to start with places like Etsy and Ebay.  I am doing a couple of local table top sales one on the 13th November and another one on the 10th December.  Once I have created a name there then perhaps I can think about going bigger.  That is if I have the monies to do so.  Then there is my health to consider I would have to get someone in to help when I am not so well.  But there it is that is what I hope to do.  I never say never.  All things are possible

5 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

You cards with the birds are really wonderful! If you are planning to sell these at your table top sale, I think you will be successful!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Such lovely creations. My mother loved to make things of pressed flowers, but birds. Wow. Amazing.

Custom Comforts said...

Sara,
I just found your blog and I am in love with everything you have done. I can hardly wait to read all your truths and show them to my daughter who is struggling with so many things. I am so glad I found you and look forward to reading every post.
Cindy

genie said...

I, too, just found your blog. Your artwork is so beautiful, and what you are writing in your “treaty” series is so touching. Any of us that sit down and do what you are going will learning much about ourselves and in turn will both heal and grow. You now have your 57th follower in me.

Marfi-topia said...

the pressed flowers are incredible!!!!!
good luck with everything and I truly wish your wishes and hopes come true!!!
never give up!