Bloggerette Sorority

Won't you join us?

Welcome

Welcome to my newest blog. What is a kimberline you ask? Well where I live in Portland, Dorset, it is a nickname given to newcomers to the Island. Yes Portland is an Island seperated from Weymouth by a causeway. Its part of the Jurassic coast and I love living here. I will be posting lots of different things I hope you enjoy visiting here. Hugs Sara

http://Saras-kitchen-creations.blogspot.com

the above link is my second blog home to some yummy receipies and info on cooking

Sunday 7 November 2010

Truths number 6 and 7

Truths number 6 and 7

Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
I hope I never have to tell someone close to me that someone close to them has passed away.  I just dont think I could do it.  It was bad enough when I had to call my husband (then fiance) home from work because my nan had passed away in the nursing home she was in.  Rob was a tower of strength for me.  We drove back to mums home 80 miles away (I dont drive) and he just did everything for us.  Even at the funeral he finished my speach because I just broke down and couldnt do it.  I am not sure, no I know, I couldnt be that tower of strength they would need me to be.  I am such a sentative person that I would probably end up being looked after instead of doing the looking after.  I know it sounds selfish and it probably is, and who knows I might surprise myself and be able to, its just I hope I never do have to. 

Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Well this is an easy one, I have two.  My mum, she has had more than her fair share with me over the years.  One time I remember I had had my valve replaced and the operation was a real success.  I came out of intensive care and into a cubicle on my own.  One tea time I had a sandwich and felt terribly sick and I was.  Then for weeks I couldnt keep anything down the doctors had all but given up hope and said there wasnt anything left they could do.  I went to 4 stone (63ish lbs) 110z.  In my semi conscious state I heard mum say that its just like she has given up.  Well I heard her and said thats a horrible thing to say.  The thing is I think I had because in two weeks I was over 6 stone (93ish lbs) and back home.  So thanks to her I am still here now. 
Secondly is yes you guessed it, my husband.  What can I say.  I was beginning to get worried about ever finding someone (we met on Dateline).  Now my life is so wonderful and I am so happy and I know I am being soppy but I dont care.  He even gets on with my mum, how cool is that.


4 comments:

Faerie Sage said...

I understand how you feel in post 6, it is not something I would want to do either. Your post 7 is beautiful, what strength and joy we get from others is such an amazing gift.
Blessings

Fleur de Bee said...

This whole post is so heartfelt and beautiful! Makes me really think about what I am truly grateful for as well! Thanks for sharing!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, this is such a moving post...and you are so fortunate that your mom was there for you...I'm so glad you are okay! Have a blessed Sunday and I put your name in the giveaway!
XO

Unknown said...

What beautiful shares, Sara. You'd be surprised how 'yourself' kicks in when sad things happen to those close to you.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon